Wednesday, August 21, 2013

UPDATE: My Housemates

Hello again everyone! Did ya miss me? ☺
I sure did miss all of you. Sorry if I was gone for a while. Anyway, let's proceed to what I really came here for. I blogged before that I'll introduce you to my friends who I share my home with. As promised, here they are!

Let's start with the guinea pigs.

First off is Pochacco, a.k.a. Pochie.

 

Originally, Pochie's name was Smoochie. However, a certain family member of my Human had a hard time pronouncing the name so my Human had to choose a new name. Upon seeing a photo of Pochacco, the dog from Sanrio, on the internet, my Human knew that Smoochie is destined to be a Pochacco! So the name stuck and the rest is history. Pochie arrived here on February 2009 so he is around 4 years old now. He is currently the oldest of the group.

Next up is the only girl of the herd, Frappé. 


Frappé got here in March of 2009. My Human chose Frappé because her colour reminds my Human of Frappé coffee. When Frappé was younger, she had a very light, almost dusty, black spot on her nose. No matter how many times my Human tried to wipe that spot off Frappé's nose, it just wouldn't go away. Over time, it went away on its own. 

 Now we have Copper Yin.

 

Copper Yin is one half of Pochie's babies. Yin's twin sister, Tuxedo Yang, has sadly passed away on February 26 of this year. Their mother, Mallows, is also at the Rainbow Bridge. She joined her daughter on May 16, 2013. Yin and Yang were born on July 3 and 4, 2009. I know you must be wondering why there are two dates. Yin came out first at around 11:56pm on July 3. Yang, on the other hand, came a few minutes after so she was born on July 4. He looks a lot like his mom while Yang is a carbon copy of her dad. Copper Yin is the biggest of them all! Even bigger than his daddy! ☺ 

We have got a new addition to the gang! Meet Spencer.


The baby of the group, Spencer arrived on August 26. My Human thought that Frappé needed a new roommate after the previous one passed away (Frappé and Yang used to live together). Spence, as my Human adoringly calls her, has a black spot on her nose - the left side. See the darker colour on the other side of her nose? That's the spot! Spencer is very lively and would sometimes run around her and Frappé's abode even while Frappé is resting. She has learned to trust my Human a few days ago and would accept food by hand. The two ladies are getting along great! They would snuggle and eat together. When Spencer is taken out of their home, you would see Frappé sniffing up in the air as if trying to sense where her little roomie has gone. We can't wait to see Spencer grow up.

Now that we have covered the guinea pigs, let's move on to the hamsters.


This lil cutiepatootie is Madison. She is one of the 6 pups of loving parents, Ash and Twister. She was born on January 6, 2011.Unfortunately, her family are all gone now. Madison is a Campbell's dwarf hamster. She has beautiful red eyes just like her mom. Madison likes Sunflower seeds, eggs, and carrots. My Human knows that Campbell's dwarf hamsters aren't supposed to eat too much sugar because of the risk of diabetes so sweet food like carrots are given in limited amounts. Madison also likes tissue paper because of its softness. When my Human gives her a piece that is rolled up like a newspaper, Madison carries it in her mouth looking like a tiny puppy.

The second hamster in our home is Tubby Tat.



Tubby was given to my Human by her nephew. Before becoming Tubby, his name was Chubby Jr. because he looked like his dad when he was younger. Tubby was born in a brood of 12 - 9 boys and 3 girls. He is a  long haired Syrian hamster. His eyes are like little black buttons. They're really cute! Tubby was rehomed because he and his brothers are getting bigger and are already starting to fight. See Tubby's ear? That was the result of those fights. When he is being fed by hand, he never pulls hard to get the food. Tubby is such a sweet and gentle fellow.

I know I mentioned some of my dear friends who have already gone to the Rainbow Bridge. I'll create a post about them someday so you'll meet them as well.

So, what can you say about my current housemates? They're just as cute as me, right? ☺
Talk to me in the comments section!

Gotta go for now. I smell my food being served!

No comments:

Post a Comment